There is alittle story behind Kyle and the Quaker Steak and Lube Restaurant. About 1 month before we moved out to Omaha Nebraska, Kyle came home from work excited beyond belief! This is how it went down,
Kyle: "Janel I have the best news. Oh my gosh, this is the best news ever."
Me: (in my head, thinking "oh good, we got some more scholarship to pay for school, we have something that will somehow help us out in someway...)"oh okay babe, what are you so excited about?"
Kyle: "They are getting a QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE in Council Bluffs Iowa which is like less than a mile from our home." (he was joking around of course...but it was still exciting to him)
Me: "So that is our best news ever?!" A restaurant... a restaurant??!! just kidding, it actually is a delicious restaurant that really does have the best wings, and this is coming from someone that doesn't like wings. If anyone really wants to come and visit, we are definitely going to this restaurant, totally puts Wingers to shame! You'll never go back.
But anyways, so we went there for a post Kyle's B-Day with some friends and let the guys go at it with the all-you-can-eat night. Joel, Chad and Kyle I think put down 35wings each (total of almost 90 wings...yeah I am not even exaggerating.) They have like 20 different flavors ranging in mild to atomic hot (where you have to sign a waiver form and pay $2.00 to even order) and these boys just went all out. It is always a fun time at The Quaker!
Kyle: "Janel I have the best news. Oh my gosh, this is the best news ever."
Me: (in my head, thinking "oh good, we got some more scholarship to pay for school, we have something that will somehow help us out in someway...)"oh okay babe, what are you so excited about?"
Kyle: "They are getting a QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE in Council Bluffs Iowa which is like less than a mile from our home." (he was joking around of course...but it was still exciting to him)
Me: "So that is our best news ever?!" A restaurant... a restaurant??!! just kidding, it actually is a delicious restaurant that really does have the best wings, and this is coming from someone that doesn't like wings. If anyone really wants to come and visit, we are definitely going to this restaurant, totally puts Wingers to shame! You'll never go back.
But anyways, so we went there for a post Kyle's B-Day with some friends and let the guys go at it with the all-you-can-eat night. Joel, Chad and Kyle I think put down 35wings each (total of almost 90 wings...yeah I am not even exaggerating.) They have like 20 different flavors ranging in mild to atomic hot (where you have to sign a waiver form and pay $2.00 to even order) and these boys just went all out. It is always a fun time at The Quaker!
![]() |

3 comments:
SOOOOO CUTE!! How fun. I love Kambryn's hair bands, I want you to make some for me and I will pay you for them. You make those right? Way cute, and you are looking great too I might add. (well, you always look good!) Love you!!
ooooh! I can't believe you went with out me! J/K, if it wasn't for Kyle I would never have even found this little gem. Check out my blog, we're having a great time in Idaho! Email me at tylershaw@creighton.edu and I'll send you an invite but I need your address first. Missing Village Green!
Jenn
hey! We've always wonder about that place! We're def. going before we move! Thanks for the info!
Post a Comment