Monday, September 01, 2008

The Tour Of Omaha Continues...

Of course, with Kristen, Jeremy and Emerson still being here, we had some more site seeing to do. Yesterday (8-31), we went to the Winter Quarters visitors center and temple before we went to church. We were able to go on a tour with a great sister missionary from Utah. Each time I have been on the tour, I have learned something new and everytime I have felt the spirit. I am, again, grateful for the early saints. This was the first time the kids dressed up in the little pioneer clothes, Jantsen was the only one that wanted to keep the clothes on.


Yesterday was pretty hot and humid but we still walked across to the pioneer cemetary and also around the temple grounds. Wearing our church clothes made it pretty uncomfortable being out in the sticky air, so we were ready to get back into the air conditioned car. After taking some pictures and chasing the girls everywhere, we packed up the kids and went to church.
With church at 1:00 in the afternoon and sacrament being last, it was a struggle keeping Kambryn and Eme content, with only having a morning nap. Jantsen, surprisingly was an angel and was great the whole time! He was trying to set a good example for his noisy sister! Our sacrament meeting gets to be pretty entertaining watching how each parent deals with tired, hungry and screaming kids. It takes everything we have just to "get through" sacrament meeting. I am grateful for the times that we have special music numbers that grab my kids' attention and they sit still for those 5 minutes. Somehow with all the chaos and noise, the speakers still do a great job bringing the spirit into the meeting. I really am grateful for Sundays, just not so much the 1:00 church time!
This morning (9-1) Kyle and Jeremy went on an early morning bike ride over in west Omaha. They said it was great, besides all the giant spider webs and spiders that they rode into through the trees! When they got home we walked up to the trains by the Botanical Gardens. It was still pretty early in the morning so it was the perfect weather to be out walking. I think they liked the view and seeing more of how green and pretty Omaha, or the mid-west in general, really is.

We are going to Coco Keys today so I am excited for the fun times we will have and all the pictures we will take!
Coco Keys was a blast. The kids loved going down the slides, and we even found these cute life jackets for the girls. Haha they looked so cute and so funny in them!

But I know Kambryn loved being able to float all by herself. Jantsen did a good job wearing his life jacket, eventhough he was insisting that he could swim all by himself. It was just easier to keep an eye on him in the lazy river when he had a life jacket on. We had a fun time going down the slides, taking the girls on the lazy river, helping Jantsen go across the lily-pads, switching off so the adults could go on the bigger slides, and just hanging out in the water.
And of course, it was a great way to wear the kids out! I was ready to go to bed by 9:00 so I can only imagine how exhasted Jantsen and Kambryn were. It was easy getting them to bed!
Last stop will be the zoo in the morning and then Kristen and Jeremy will take off for a long drive to Utah.

4 comments:

Lynnsey said...

I love checking in on you guys and seeing what adventures life holds for you! Hope you guys are doing well and LOVING this midwest humidity!

Marshall and Dana said...

I think we are going to try to come out for the spring dental assembly in the spring. Sounds like you guys are doing some fun things! Your kids are so cute. We will have to hit up Coco Keys again when we come. Talk to you later!

Buffy Dayton said...

You are such a HOT MAMMA!!! Seriously, I LOVE your family photo! When I lose a couple (and by couple I mean WAY more than a couple) pounds, I will get our family photo! Ps, how do you do that little collage thing?

Kimberlee said...

Your little family is adorable. I want to come visit. How fun!